BUEC- European Regional Controller, Maresfield, UK
Do you want to be part of creating a safer world? Without thinking about it, you meet us in your everyday life – at home, in transit and at work. We are at the airport, where you commute, where you work, play and shop. Diverse in our offering, our customer outreach and in our mindset, Gunnebo is leading the transformation of the security business through digitalization and connectivity for the continuous development of smart entrance control and safe storage solutions.
If you are passionate about being part of an exciting transformation journey working with a global, multi-cultural and highly motivated organisation this is the opportunity for you. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
About The Role
Reporting into the VP Europe Entrance Control the Regional Controller (Europe) is an integral part of the Europe Management Team Business Partnering the VP Europe and Country Sales Managers alongside managing the European Central Hub based in Maresfield, East Sussex.
Key focus for this role is further developing a new Business Unit organisation structure through timely, accurate and insightful management information with appropriate KPI’s and Reporting interpreted to Commercial management. Influencing business performance and providing both historical and forward-looking data and analysis and appropriate decision support tools will enable this role to have real impact on a business embarking on an exciting phase of growth / expansion.
To further grow the capabilities of a newly established Europe Central Hub Finance Team delivering Shared Services Operations Finance (AP & AR), Management Accounts and Financial Accounting outputs transformation and continuous improvement activities will be required to strive for Best-in-Class service to internal and external stakeholders in line with the expansion of the business.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role for anyone with experience in taking a business through change and ensuring the Finance function plays a big part in shaping the future of the business. Long term opportunity for growth within this role exists for the right candidate.
What You Will Do
- Operate as a highly effective and trusted business partner to the VP Europe, Country Sales Managers, Business Unit Senior Management and Group Finance
- Provide accurate, timely reporting and analysis and advise on course of action to optimise growth, efficiency, and profitability of the Region
- Lead the Budget and Forecasting process for the Region, challenging assumptions as well as communicating targets out to the business and ongoing monitoring of performance
- Develop mechanism for analysing portfolio profitability for pricing and capacity planning decision making
- Support business development opportunities through robust business case creation
- Manage the Europe Central Finance Hub function, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger accounting and month end close in line with the periodic reporting calendar for all European Legal Entities under the remit of the Hub
· Effectively build, lead, and develop a team to a high performing finance function building team spirit, skills, and competences continuously
· Drive continuous improvement in Finance particularly in designing and implementing standard reporting tools
· Collaborate with other Regional Controllers on Global initiatives and standardised practices, sharing Best Practice and knowledge of market dynamics
· Take the lead on ensuring adherence to Group accounting policies and the internal financial controls framework amongst all functions within the Region
· Design and implement new processes and policies where required to support the maturing of the Business Unit structure
· Maximise use of newly implemented Microsoft Dynamics ERP system and BI tools in the Region to influence financial performance and improve processes
· Maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and gaining their commitment to support change and improvements
· Coordinate the delivery of annual Statutory Audits in partnership with the company auditors
· Oversee completion of Tax computations and filings with the Group tax team and external tax advisors
· Plan, manage and collaborate with Group Treasury for regional and local entity cash management and FX exposure optimization
· R&D and Project accounting support including business case development New Product Introduction initiatives
· Involvement in Mergers and Acquisitions integrating newly acquired businesses
· Deputising for the VP Finance as required
· Some infrequent European travel is anticipated to Gunnebo, supplier or customer sites in order to perform the role effectively
· Other as hoc duties as required and as the role develops with the business growth
Who are we looking for?
You will embrace agility, collaboration, while working as part of the team. You will need the following essential skills
- Professional Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related discipline.
- Proven related finance experience of 10+ years with commercial business acumen ideally gained within a Group / Region (EMEA) multi-site environment
- Planning, coordinating, and responding to external and internal audits
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel to an Advanced level
- Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in leading change management and finance/business transformation projects in a growth business.
- ERP systems design and maximising functionality preferably Microsoft Dynamics to progress the recent implementation.
- Relevant experience with internal controls design, documentation, testing, and mitigating actions.
- Technical accounting proficiency across transactional, management and financial accounting disciplines with knowledge of accounting standards.
- VAT and other Tax compliance experience.
Why join us
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. Welcome with your application.
About Gunnebo Group
The Gunnebo Group is a global leader in security offering innovative products and services to protect and control the flow of people, and to safely secure valuables. Through our businesses Gunnebo Entrance Control and Gunnebo Safe Storage we offer solutions to customers in retail, public transport, public and commercial buildings, industrial and high-risk sites, and banking. We operate worldwide through our 3,400 employees, 25 country locations and 10 production facilities to serve customers in over 100 markets. Together we create a safer world.
Gunnebo Entrance Control specializes in access control solutions enabling customers increased efficiency, safety, and end-user experience. Our wide range of products are designed to create a safe environment without restricting freedom of movement, whether it is to enter the lobby of a company, a store, an entertainment area, an industrial area, and public transport. We shape the future of people flow management.