BUEC Product Development Director, Europe
Product Development Director
Reports to: VP Operations - Production
The role can be based in UK, Czech Republic or Italy.
Do you want to be part of creating a safer world? Without thinking about it, you meet us in your everyday life – at home, in transit and at work. We are at the airport, where you commute, where you work, play and shop. Diverse in our offering, our customer outreach and in our mindset, Gunnebo is leading the transformation of the security business through digitalization and connectivity for the continuous development of smart entrance control and safe storage solutions.
If you are passionate about being part of an exciting transformation journey working with a global, multi-cultural and highly motivated organisation this is the opportunity for you. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
About The Role
This postholder will be responsible for the development of R&D within Entrance Control. This includes defining and delivering the R&D strategy to develop platform-based products founded on innovative new technology and materials aligned to the global product and technology roadmaps.
You will work with Product Development to ensure innovation is at the forefront.
To define and deliver cost effective world class HW and IOT products you will need to collaborate with key stakeholders such as Product Management, Sales and Operations teams at a global level.
This is a leadership role,you will lead the engineering team and create a performance culture through training and mentorship.
What You Will Do
- Lead the design and development of new products in line with project objectives and BUEC road map ensuring on time, to cost and quality delivery.
- Develop a platform portfolio strategy utilising new technologies and materials to enable long -term cost efficient product deployments
- Develop the team and processes to maximise effectiveness
- Lead UK product development team whilst building a global organization that encompasses all sites
- Ensure delivery of projects in line with the project brief
- Lead a team of multiskilled engineers providing mentoring, guidance and training when required
- Evaluate and minimize risk utilizing FMEA’s or other methodologies as appropriate
- Follow company development procedures ensuring full documentation is completed for all projects
- Develop cost and time plans for new projects and manage/monitor adherence to these plans putting mitigating actions in place when necessary
- Work within the Company’s ISO Standards and procedures
- Work within budgetary constraints, in a cost effective, diligent, organised and professional manner
- Other duties as required
Who we are looking for
- Experienced in building cross site multifunctional R&D teams, led by innovation and delivering ‘on time to cost’ solutions.
- Strategic leadership with ability to translate market and industry trends into opportunities for GEC
- Experience leading and cultivating high-performing NPD team and managing cross-functional teams to deliver large scale product enhancements and launches
- Highly collaborative with ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective communicator and influencer with ability to influence key partners and executive stakeholders.
- Platform development experience in an electromechanical product environment
- Significant experience Project Management in an Agile and phase gate development process
- DFM, DFMEA, Verification and validation testing
- Legislative standard and directive compliance
- Fluent English speaker
Some knowledge/experience of:
- SW / FW and mechatronic development
- Manufacturing techniques incl sheet metal fabrication, moulding, vacuum forming and casting,
- Design for Manufacture in a flow line / lean manufacturing environment
- Agile development processes
- Fluency in other languages
Why join us
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. We welcome your application.
About Gunnebo Group
The Gunnebo Group is a global leader in security offering innovative products and services to protect and control the flow of people, and to safely secure valuables. Through our businesses Gunnebo Entrance Control and Gunnebo Safe Storage we offer solutions to customers in retail, public transport, public and commercial buildings, industrial and high-risk sites and banking. We operate worldwide through our 3,400 employees, 25 country locations and 10 production facilities to serve customers in over 100 markets. Together we create a safer world.
Gunnebo Entrance Control specializes in access control solutions enabling customers increased efficiency, safety and end-user experience. Our wide range of products are designed to create a safe environment without restricting freedom of movement, whether it is to enter the lobby of a company, a store, an entertainment area, an industrial area and public transport. We shape the future of people flow management.