BUEC- Software & Firmware Engineer, Lavis (Italy)
Projects Engineering Dept. – Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis (Trento, Italy)
Do you want to be part of creating a safer world? Without thinking about it, you meet us in your everyday life – at home, in transit and at work. We are at the airport, where you commute, where you work, play and shop. Diverse in our offering, our customer outreach and in our mindset, Gunnebo is leading the transformation of the security business through digitalization and connectivity for the continuous development of smart entrance control and safe storage solutions.
If you are passionate about being part of an exciting transformation journey working with a global, multi-cultural and highly motivated organisation this is the opportunity for you. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
About the role:
Within the Gunnebo Entrance Control, the role of the Projects Engineering Department is to design and develop new products or customise the existing ones, mainly but not only for Mass Transit projects like Airports, Metro, Railways and Bus systems.
The Projects Engineering Department works very close with Business Development and receive the inputs (requirements and targets) by the project managers of Metro and Airport division.
Working as part of the Projects Engineering team, the Software & Firmware Engineer will contribute to the overall design & development of product-based firmware & software, with responsibilities as directed by the SW Team Lead or delegate. He will develop and maintain software for controlling gate operation and fraud detection.
Our candidate should have a professional level of Italian, preferably native speakers, & a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar type of industry. Availability for short business trips a few times a year, inside and outside Europe.
Workplace: Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis, Italy
Duration: This is permanent full time position
Reporting to: Projects Engineering Department Manager of Lavis Plant (TN)
What you will do:
- Develop software for bespoke hardware platforms for a range of time-critical Gunnebo products
- Analysis and conversion of high-level requirements into software solutions
- Creating and compiling technical documents including state diagrams and functional specifications
- Integrating various communication and software technologies on to Gunnebo hardware platforms
- Development of tools to support software system testing and software product development, as required
- Developing test and validation procedures
- Completing unit and system testing
- Other duties as required
- An understanding of C & C# with the ability to develop capability in other languages as required
- Ability to understand products from both a system and a low-level viewpoint
- System integration skills including testing and validation
- Knowledge of automation devices (motors, drivers, actuators, sensors …)
- Documentation skills
Knowledge / Education:
- University degree of Mechatronics Engineering/Information Engineering and Computer Science or similar technical Diploma
- Professional Italian & very good English in writing and speaking required
- Visual Studio
- C, C#
- Programming with communications protocols, e.g. RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, LIN Bus, ModBus.
- Preferable knowledge/bonus:
- Developing applications in Linux
- .Net Core
- Motor Control algorithms Node.js
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Experience of minimum 2 years in a similar industry
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Used to work structured and organized
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Like to work in international environment and virtual teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure, quickly reacting to sudden change of priorities and deadlines or new tasks
Why join us:
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. Welcome with your application.
About Gunnebo Group:
The Gunnebo Group is a global leader in security offering innovative products and services to protect and control the flow of people, and to safely secure valuables. Through our businesses Gunnebo Entrance Control and Gunnebo Safe Storage we offer solutions to customers in retail, public transport, public and commercial buildings, industrial and high-risk sites and banking. We operate worldwide through our 3,400 employees, 25 country locations and 10 production facilities to serve customers in over 100 markets. Together we create a safer world.
Gunnebo Entrance Control specializes in access control solutions enabling customers increased efficiency, safety and end-user experience. Our wide range of products are designed to create a safe environment without restricting freedom of movement, whether it is to enter the lobby of a company, a store, an entertainment area, an industrial area and public transport. We shape the future of people flow management.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com before Sept. 15th 2022.
Your application will be treated confidentially. It should contain:
- Summary / Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter which should contain:
- A reflection on your background / track record
- Comments on your personality (in relation to what is required for this role)
- What makes you interested in this role