BUEC Software Engineer
Within the Gunnebo Entrance Control, the role of the Projects Engineering Department is to design and develop new products or customise the existing ones, mainly but not only for Mass Transit projects like Airports, Metro, Railways and Bus systems.
The Projects Engineering Department works very close with Business Development and receive the inputs (requirements and targets) by the project managers of Metro and Airport division.
Working as part of the Projects Engineering team, the Software Engineer will contribute to the overall design & development of product-based firmware & software, with responsibilities as directed by the SW Team Lead or delegate. He will develop and maintain software for controlling gate operation and fraud detection.
Our candidate should have a professional level of Italian, preferably native speakers, & a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar type of industry.
- Develop software for bespoke hardware platforms for a range of time-critical Gunnebo products
- Analysis and conversion of high-level requirements into software solutions
- Creating and compiling technical documents including state diagrams and functional specifications
- Integrating various communication and software technologies on to Gunnebo hardware platforms
- Development of tools to support software system testing and software product development, as required
- Developing test and validation procedures
- Completing unit and system testing
- Other duties as required
- An understanding of C & C# with the ability to develop capability in other languages as required
- Ability to understand products from both a system and a low-level viewpoint
- System integration skills including testing and validation
- Knowledge of automation devices (motors, drivers, actuators, sensors …)
- Documentation skills
Knowledge / Education requirements:
- University degree of Mechatronics Engineering/Information Engineering and Computer Science or similar
- Professional Italian & very good English in writing and speaking required
- Visual Studio
- C, C#
- Programming with communications protocols, e.g. RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, LIN Bus, ModBus.
- Developing applications in Linux
- .Net Core
- Motor Control algorithms Node.js
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Experience of minimum 2 years in a similar industry
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Used to work structured and organized
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Like to work in international environment and virtual teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure, quickly reacting to sudden change of priorities and deadlines or new tasks
- Available for short business trips a few times a year, inside and outside Europe
Workplace: Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis, Italy
Duration: This is permanent full time position
Reporting to: This position reports to the Projects Engineering Department Manager of Lavis Plant (TN)
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com before May 23, 2022.
Your application will be treated confidentially. It should contain:
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter which should contain:
- A reflection on your background / track record
- Comments on your personality (in relation to what is required for this role)
- What makes you interested in this role