BUEC-Bid & Project Manager for Ground Transportation Market Segment, Lavis (Italy)
Ground Transportation Project Department – Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis (Trento, Italy)
Do you want to be part of creating a safer world? Without thinking about it, you meet us in your everyday life – at home, in transit and at work. We are at the airports, in railway and metro stations, where you commute, where you work, play and shop. Diverse in our offering, our customer outreach and in our mindset, Gunnebo is leading the transformation of the security business through digitalization and connectivity for the continuous development of smart entrance control and safe storage solutions.
If you are passionate about being part of an exciting transformation journey working with a global, multi-cultural and highly motivated organisation this is the opportunity for you. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
About the role:
The Mass Transit Project Department (Ground Transportation) of Gunnebo Business Unit Entrance Control requires a Bid & Project Manager in order to support its expansion in the ground transportation market segment. The candidate will be responsible for Bid and Project Management for large ground transportation projects (Metro, Bus Rapid Transit Systems, Light rails…).
The candidate will be in charge of defining for each project the right solution and elaborate an optimized costing for the proposal in collaboration with the operations department and other stakeholders. He will also coordinate the elaboration of the bidding documentation with the support of the Business developers.
Once a project is won, he will be in charge of coordinating all necessary activities with the internal departments, local Gunnebo entities and technology partners to insure a successful implementation.
The candidate will also be asked to participate to technical and commercial meetings either in order to define with the customer and other stakeholders the best solution or to present to the relevant stakeholders the proposed solution and its benefits.
Structural Organisation: The Bid and Project Manager will be part of the Ground Transportation Project Team which is composed of 4 people (Department Manager, Logistics and Order Processing assistants, 2 Project Managers). The Ground Transportation Project Team is part of the Entrance Control team and works closely internally with Business Developers and Sales, Operations and the Project Engineering team.
Project Team works interacts with many Gunnebo Entrance Control local and worldwide entities, but also with customers, integrators and suppliers.
Working environment: Mass Transit activity represent around 30% of the Gunnebo Entrance Control activity of which ground transportation solution represent 70%.
Project size go from 300k€ to 10m€ with average project in the regions of 3m€.
The Mass Transit team is managing 30 to 40 pre-bidding projects at any one time requiring ad-hoc support to the Business development team. Typically, the Ground Transportation Project Team will be working on 5 active bidding processes and 5 active deployments at any one time.
Workplace: Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis, Italy. Regular travels are planned (average: once every 2 months, 3-5 days trip)
Duration: This is permanent full time position
Reporting to: This position reports to the Ground Transportation Project Team Manager based in Lavis. He is part of the Mass Transit Project Team which part of Business Development Team of Gunnebo Entrance Control Division.
What you will do:
Bid analysis and documentation:
- Analyze RFP documentation and abstract requirements
- Raise relevant questions to clarify requirements and scope of supply
- Establish a complete document and activity requirement list
- Define scope of supply in line with customer requirements organizational capacity and budget
- Elaborate initial design proposal
- Defined scope of supply and costs
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Define USPs
Project specification and Costing:
- Generate comprehensive technical documentation for the specifically proposed solution
- Elaborate proposed system specifications
- Establish and complete compliance list including USPs
- Elaborate full costing model, proposed selling price and margin analysis together with Business development
- Coordinate with Business development the completion of all necessary bid documentation
- Package bid proposal
- Responsible for budgets: project budget analysis and follow up
- Elaborate presentation material of solution
- Define key USPs
- Present solutions in support of Business development when required
- Establish and manage project Gantt chart
- Coordination of activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Test, optimize and validate final solution together with the project engineering team
- Deliver and coordinate installation and commissioning + relevant training
(support from Technical Team)
- Establish relevant project profitability trackers
- Inform on significant deviation and propose solutions
Development requirement Specification:
- Gather feedback from project experience and elaborate specific needs
- Provide development proposal to Product Manager
Who we are looking for:
Previous experience (2 years minimum) in project management for large and complex projects involving integration in 3rd party systems
Knowledge / Education:
- Engineering degree is preferred. Good technical knowledge base in electronics, mechanics and general IT topics
- Capacity to design optimal solutions taking into account ROI and limitations of each parties + risk assessment
- Capacity to elaborate and structure comprehensive documentation
- Capacity to present in an analytical way complex hardware integrated system
- English fluent in both spoken and written
- Fluent in spoken Spanish is highly preferred
- Desirable: previous experience in project management of integration projects within the metro environment or public transportation systems
- Desirable: Degree educated with specialization in Project Management
- Capacity to drive and coordinate multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Highly Structured and organized
- Project coordination and management
- Accountability and ownership
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Quality and result driven
- Communication and team work
Why join us:
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. Welcome with your application.
About Gunnebo Group:
The Gunnebo Group is a global leader in security offering innovative products and services to protect and control the flow of people, and to safely secure valuables. Through our businesses Gunnebo Entrance Control and Gunnebo Safe Storage we offer solutions to customers in retail, public transport, public and commercial buildings, industrial and high-risk sites and banking. We operate worldwide through our 3,400 employees, 25 country locations and 10 production facilities to serve customers in over 100 markets. Together we create a safer world.
Gunnebo Entrance Control specializes in access control solutions enabling customers increased efficiency, safety and end-user experience. Our wide range of products are designed to create a safe environment without restricting freedom of movement, whether it is to enter the lobby of a company, a store, an entertainment area, an industrial area and public transport. We shape the future of people flow management.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com before August 28th 2022.
Your application will be treated confidentially. It should contain:
- Summary / Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter which should contain:
- A reflection on your background / track record
- Comments on your personality (in relation to what is required for this role)
- What makes you interested in this role