Electrical Design Engineer, Lavis
Projects Engineering Dept. – Gunnebo Entrance Control
Workplace: Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis (Trento), Italy
About the role:
Within the Gunnebo Entrance Control, the role of the Projects Engineering Department is to design and develop new products or customise the existing ones, mainly but not only for Mass Transit projects like Airports, Metro, Railways and Bus systems.
The Projects Engineering Department works very close with Business Development and receive the inputs (requirements and targets) by the project managers of Metro and Airport division.
Working as part of the Projects Engineering team, the Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible of the design and customization of electrical and electronic devices (including wiring looms and PCBs) and of the integration of 3rd parties electronic peripherals. The development process will include concept, CAD design with SolidWorks or specific software, prototype development and hands-on integration and test.
Our candidate should have a professional level of Italian, preferably native speakers, and a minimum of 4 years experience in a similar type of industry (from a design and manufacturing process perspective).
Reporting to: This position reports to the Projects Engineering Department Manager of Lavis Plant (TN)
Duration: This is permanent full time position
What you will do:
- Electrical and electronic design and customization of security systems devices
- Prototyping and validation
- Interface with mechanical and software team
- Support and improvement of existing components
- Training and supporting Operation and Service departments
- Product documentation (cable drawings, wiring diagrams, instructions …)
- Identification and validation of critical electrical components (power supplies, sensors, protection devices…)
- Experience of minimum 4 years in a similar industry
- Knowledge and experience in CAD 3D software programs, preferably Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks and SolidWorks Electrical Schematics
- Knowledge in CE certification of products:
- Risk assessment, FMEA, safety solutions (Machine Directive)
- EMC, Low Voltage directives
- Knowledge of automation devices (motors, drivers, actuators, sensors …)
- PCB development and programming
- Knowledge of the principles of Design for Manufacturing and Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to evaluate alternative design solutions in order to optimize product cost targets
Knowledge / Education:
- Technical education, preferably in the field of Electrical/Mechatronic/Electronic
- Professional fluent Italian & very good English in writing and speaking required
- Fundamentals of programming (C, Java, …) for Arduino, Raspberry Pi implementation in systems
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Used to work structured and organized
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Like to work in international environment and virtual teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure, quickly reacting to sudden change of priorities and deadlines or new tasks
- Available for short business trips a few times a year, inside and outside Europe
Why join us:
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. Welcome with your application.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com before September 30th 2023.
Your application will be treated confidentially. Please include:
1) Resume / Curriculum Vitae
2) An application letter which should contain:
• A reflection on your background / track record
• Comments on your personality (in relation to what is required for this role)
• What makes you interested in this role