Manufacturing Engineer, Lavis
Manufacturing Operations – Gunnebo Entrance Control
Workplace: Gunnebo Entrance Control S.p.A., Lavis (Trento), Italy
About the role:
As a Manufacturing Engineer your focus will be on the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes. In the Lavis plant, manufacturing processes include the storage of incoming components from suppliers, internal logistics processes (storage, kitting and replenishment of production lines), assembly, testing and packaging operations.
Reporting to: Global Process Engineering Manager
Duration: Permanent full-time position
What you will do:
- Draft and update assembly instructions in order to establish and maintain an effective, efficient work sequence in compliance with product technical specifications and operators’ safety
- Collaborate with technical department and R&D in improving the design of new products and/or customizations of existing products according to the logic of Design for manufacturing & assembly
- Collaborate with technical office and R&D in the industrialization of new products with special attention to the design of assembly lines and related documentation
- Collaborate with purchasing and logistics department in the improvement of material flow in production (kanban, organization of line and storage warehouses etc...)
- Promote the culture of continuous improvement in production and the maintenance of the 5S for workstation management
- Support and maintain the implementation of Visual Management
- Propose solutions for the industrialization of both technical and process manufacturing processes
- Propose solutions for the digitization of production-related information flows
- Support the production manager in the management of key performance indicators
Experience: Preferable experience of at least 2 years in modernly structured manufacturing companies
Knowledge / Education:
- Technical Master or Bachelor's degree (preferably mechanical or mechatronic)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Fluent Italian and good level of English
- Ability to work in a team
- Results orientation and continuous improvement
Why join us:
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety and collaboration? Our employees have ideas on how to build a safer and more sustainable tomorrow and the drive and passion to realize them. Our attention to societal trends, and our ability to translate these into business opportunities, alongside our dedication to customers, sustainability and digitalization have earned us a place among the leading companies in our industry.
We believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. Performance driven by a forward-thinking attitude, passionate teamwork, and the strong will to continuously learn. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international and diverse and pro-active working environment. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
At Gunnebo, we have a bigger mission, we are working For a Safer World. Welcome with your application.
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 30th 2023.
Your application will be treated confidentially. It should contain:
- Summary / Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter which should contain:
- A reflection on your background / track record
- Comments on your personality (in relation to what is required for this role)
- What makes you interested in this role