Engineer Design Manager, Markesdorf, Germany
Do you want to be part of creating a safer world? Without thinking about it, you meet us in your everyday life – at home, in transit and at work. We are at the airport, where you commute, where you work, play and shop. Diverse in our offering, our customer outreach and in our mindset, Gunnebo is leading the transformation of the security business through digitalization and connectivity for the continuous development of smart entrance control and safe storage solutions.
If you are passionate about being part of an exciting transformation journey working with a global, multi-cultural and highly motivated organisation this is the opportunity for you. Gunnebo is small enough to see your ideas come true, and big enough to realize your career goals.
Which will be your role:
You will be responsible for the product engineering design department activities, leading the 3D CAD design engineers’ team.
You will ensure product design delivered on time, reaching set targets.
And standardize design practice, develop appropriate high standard CAD tools (SW, epdm database…).
What You Will Do:
- Lead & coach the design engineering team.
- Organize and split the workload among engineering department, in line with the product roadmap (for product design and innovation).
- Ensure respect of set targets and deadlines
- Improve existing working practice, procedures, and design validation
- Set and implement a PDM system among all BUSS engineering Departments
- Ensure compliance with Product certification
- Be the contact between BUSS R&D and innovation and plants engineering departments for new ranges implementation
- Provide expertise to orientate mechanical engineering design choice
- Be creative to implement new ideas in new product development or to improve current solutions
Who we are looking for:Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience 8-10 years Similar experience within any Industrial sector involving mechanical design, metalworking and other industrial manufacturing processes (preferably painting and concrete processes).
- Good skills and practice on CAD systems (Solidworks, Autocad, SolidEdge…)
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills and collaboration
- Analytical skills and Organized/ structured mindset.
- Understanding of costs & business acumen
- Result oriented (fulfilling set targets within committed timeline)
- Creative thinking and problem solving oriented
Please interested candidates send your CV and letter of interest to Anja Langenmayer (Anja.Langenmayer@Gunnebo.com) before March 21